Statement of Purpose
HFC Friends supports the mission of Heroes for Children through volunteer efforts to strengthen and expand social and emotional assistance provided to families with children battling cancer. HFC Friends strives to ensure that the special moments in the lives of these children are recognized and celebrated despite their ongoing battle with cancer.
Members have two get together events during the year. There are no other additional meetings unless a member signs up for a specific committee role.
- Membership Coffee- Meet and Greet with other HFC Friends members to learn about childhood cancer issues and ways to volunteer for HFC.
- Family Picnic- Members and their families are invited for a day of fun in the sun.
HFC Friends will focus on the social assistance provided by Heroes for Children to cancer families at the main hospitals in the area. Volunteer work includes:
- Valentine’s Party—committee members plan, coordinate, and host a special dinner for cancer parents to include a nice meal and childcare. This event is an opportunity for the parents to have a “date night” while their children enjoy a fun evening of activities.
- Heroes Milestones— members assist in the coordination of and donations to special events for cancer patients as needs arise throughout the year.
- Holiday Heroes—members shop, wrap, and donate gifts to selected cancer families during the holiday season. The families receive their gifts at a holiday party attended by member volunteers.
Please click on your city for more information or contact Christina Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.